This is a work in progress, but I would like to address some Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) about Make-the-Cut! software and using the Forum. This is by no means complete (nor is it endorsed by the creator of MTC) and will evolve as time goes on.
- Demo Version. What features are available in the paid version (registered version) and the Demo version of the program? The Demo version and the registered version are exactly the same - the only difference is that the Demo version cuts a line through you design when you cut it. From the official website: "The demo of the software is fully functional. When cutting a project, the demo will watermark what it cuts. To remove this watermark on future cutting projects, you must register." (http://make-the-cut.com/Download.aspx )
- Registration Key. Help! I paid for and installed MTC but now I have a new computer. I've lost my registration key, how do I get it again? Go here: http://make-the-cut.com/LostRegKey.aspx and enter your information.
- Version. How do I know what version of MTC I am using? Go to Help-About Make-the-Cut to see what version you are using.
- Version. What is the latest version? The latest official version is always available on the MTC website here: http://make-the-cut.com/Default.aspx Just click the "Download now!" link to get it.
- Version. People on the forum are talking about another version. Where can I get it? If there is a newer Beta (trial) version, it will be available in one of the sticky Announcements at the top of the forum. Look for it!
- Upgrades. How much do upgrades or updates cost? There is never a charge for upgrades or updates. Your initial cost for Make-the-Cut! includes free updates and upgrades for life!
Using the Program
- Tutorials. I would like to read or watch some tuts, where can I find some? There are some on this blog, http://papercraftingwithnelda.blogspot.com/search/label/tutorials, Other sires: Scrappy Dew has some great tuts at http://scrappydew.com/tutorials/files/category-make-the-cut-tutorial.php , also cleversomeday http://cleversomeday.wordpress.com/tag/make-the-cut/ , Nancy at http://www.createcricutdesigns.com/p/free-video-tutorials.html
- Custom Shapes tab. Where is the Custom Shapes tab? I can't find it anymore. This was moved to make more room for other features. Don't worry, it is still available! You can always find it by going to File-Import and choose which feature you want. There are also buttons available, either in the Gear Icon (ver. 2) or in a floating toolbar (ver. 3).
- Cupcake Wrappers. I need help with my cupcake wrappers! Go here to use Jeannette's calculator: http://forum.make-the-cut.com/discussion/comment/96125/#Comment_96125 or here: http://forum.make-the-cut.com/discussion/9538/challenge-twelve-cupcake-wrappers-by-jeannettec/p1
- Print and Cut. Help! I need help with getting my images to cut out well! How did you adjust yours? I found this discussion to be very helpful: http://forum.make-the-cut.com/discussion/9196/fine-tuning-print-and-cut./p1
- Using SVGs. I have some svgs, how do I use them in MTC? Nancy has a great video about this here: http://www.createcricutdesigns.com/2010/12/video-tutorial-cutting-with-lettering.html